The Best Habit For The New Year

This is the season for making or establishing new habits.  What is your new habit that you want to start this year?  Let me encourage you to begin the most wonderful and rewarding habit that reaps blessings for the rest of your life: spending time reading God's Word the Bible.

Now there are many Bible reading plans out there, but sometimes they can become intimidating. For beginners, let me recommend just reading a chapter or two a day starting either in the Gospels or in Genesis.

Below are some Bible apps that I have found to be helpful in helping establish a regular Bible reading program (all are free--some have additional modules that you can purchase):

  

Here are some paper reading plans that I know are very helpful:




Whatever you choose, reading the Bible is the best habit.  Why?  Because God's Word will give you divine wisdom on how you should live your life and who you must know personally (His Son Jesus) so you can have life that lasts forever.

Psalms 19:7-14  The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple;  8  the precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes;  9  the fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; the rules of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether.  10  More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb.  11  Moreover, by them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward.  12  Who can discern his errors? Declare me innocent from hidden faults.  13  Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me! Then I shall be blameless, and innocent of great transgression.  14  Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.

John 5:39  You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,

John 14:6  Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Pastor Steve
Psalm 119:89

Popular Posts